Pet Loss Support
- Rainbows Bridge Rainbows Bridge is a home for your departed baby. Whether furry, feathered or scaled, all are welcome. Create a Rainbow Residency which you care for as the Guardian of your baby’s memory. .
- Petloss.com Rainbow Bridge poem.
- Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers Inspirational Thoughts, Quotes, and Poems.
General Interest Links
- National Animal Poison Control Center The best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888) 426-4435. A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card.
- ThePetCenter.com All about dog and cat health care.
- American Kennel Club Registry of Dog Breeds.
- Animal Planet Stories and videos of all kinds of animals.
- Pets and Parasites (CAPC) The Companion Animal Parasite Council (CAPC) is a non-profit organization of veterinarians and parasitologists dedicated to protecting your family and your pets from parasites and zoonotic disease.
- Pet Travel Tips Pets have special needs when they travel, so planning ahead is essential.
- Make an E-Collar How to construct an Elizabethan collar from household materials.
Local Humane Societies
- Upper Valley Humane Society Located in Enfield, NH 603-448-6888.
- Lucy MacKenzie Humane Society Located in West Windsor, VT 802-484-5829.
- Springfield Humane Society Located in Springfield, VT 802-885-3997.
- Monadnock Humane Society Located in Swanzey, NH 603-352-9011.
- Vermont Volunteer Services for Animals Located in Bridgewater, VT 802-672-5302.
- Spay ASAP Need Contact Information.
Are you interested in Veterinary Medicine?
- American Veterinary Medical Association The AVMA represents more than 80,000 veterinarians who use their professional training in a variety of ways, from private practice to public health, agriculture, food safety, academia and the military.
- The Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges Lists all the veterinary schools in the world that are accredited by the AVMA, and what is needed for admittance.
- National Association of Veterinary Technicians “The mission of NAVTA is to represent and promote the profession of veterinary technology. NAVTA provides direction, education, support and coordination for its members, and works with other allied professional organizations for the competent care and humane treatment of animals.”
- Good News for Pets The source for pet news.