Cats: How Do I . . . (Give Meds, Trim Nails, Restrain, Etc.)?
Do you feel frustrated when told to give medications to your cat, and are not given instructions on how to actually accomplish the task? Help is here!! The links below will show you how, either in picture form or in video form. Please be aware that the slower your internet access speed, the longer it will take for the links to load. They will open in a separate window, allowing you to easily find your way back to this page.
Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
CATS – HOW DO I DO THE FOLLOWING?
The following links are pictures and text:
- Wrap my cat in a towel How to restrain your cat using a towel
- Give My Cat Medication by Mouth How to give liquid and pills by mouth to your cat, and how to use a pilling device.
- Treat My Cat’s Ears How to put medication in your cats ears.
- Treat My Cat’s Eye How to medicate your cats eye, with ointments and drops.
- Trim My Cat’s nails How to find the right place to trim the toenails.
- Trim My Cat’s Claws with a “Human” Nail Trimmer. Shows how to use a “human” nail trimmer on a cat claw.
- Determine the Sex of a Kitten. Determining the sex (gender) of a kitten is easy (when you know what to look for).
- Giving subcutaneous fluids to cats – an owner’s guide Another good description at the British site fabcats.com.
Video Help brought to you by the Cornell Cat Care Center
When the page opens, look on the left side of the page below the banner. Click on “Play Entire Video” or click to watch specific parts of the video (useful for slow internet speed).
- Giving Your Cat a Pill or Capsule Seven minute video, divided into 5 parts.
- Giving Your Cat Liquid Medication Two minute video, divided into 3 parts.
- Trimming Your Cat’s Claws Four minute video, divided into 5 parts.
- Taking Your Cat’s Temperature Four minute video, divided into 5 parts.
- Brushing Your Cat’s Teeth Seven minute video, divided into 4 parts.